1. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a session on “GENDER SENSITIZATION OF NURSING STAFF” at RAJ KUMARI AMRIT KAUR COLLEGE OF NURSING NEW DELHI On 30 JANUARY 2023.
2. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a session on “Sexuality & Gender Education” at Rufaida College of Nursing, Jamia Hamdard On 21 February 2023.
3. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a three day workshop on ”GENDER FRIENDLY HEALTHCARE FACILITY INITIATIVE" at AIIMS, New Delhi on 1-3 March, 2023. This workshop was conducted for
Day-1 (01 March 2023) Batch I Ground Staff
(Gate Keepers, Guards, Housekeeping & ancillary staff) Number of participants -52
Day-2 02 March 2023) Batch II Nursing staff, Paramedical, Non-Medical Staff, Administrative Staff
Number of participants -58
Day 3 (03 March 2023) Batch III Medical Staff
Number of participants -21
4. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited as chairperson at UNU-IIGH-Policy Dialogues-GGC for “Advocating for the healthcare needs of the Transgender Community: Learning from the experience of the Gender Guidance Clinics of Tamil Nadu” at Public Health Foundation of India, Bangalore.
5. Team ATHI participated in the C20 Integrated Holistic Health Summit at Amrita Hospital, Faridabad on 7-9 April 2023 and actively participated in the policy making dialogue on Mental Health issues.
6. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited for Rainbow Parent Panel Discussion that was held on 20 April 2023 at HDFC Life event.
7. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited as panalist at First Contact- The LGBTQ Metaverse on 23 April 2023.
8. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited to discuss the “SENSITISATION MODULE FOR HOLISTIC PSYCHOSOCIAL WELLBEING OF LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY on 09th May 2023 (Tuesday) under the Chairmanship of Dr. Anil Kumar (Addl. DG, Dte. GHS) at Central Health Education Bureau, New Delhi.
1. ATHI participated in the two-day workshop on proposal development-cum-implementation plan to pilot Sampoorna Suraksha Strategy in the State of Telangana, Gujarat, and Punjab organized by NACO on 5th and 6th January, 2022.
4. Dr Sanjay Sharma participated as a speaker in the workshop to sensitize the youth on Gender titled " SS Advance Circle - Gender Sensitisation" organized by Spreading Smiles and The Stears team held on 23rd January 2022.
2. Dr Sanjay Sharma and team ATHI participated in the Panel talk with Sweekar Rainbow Parents organized by VMWare on 13 January, 2022.
3. ATHI participated in a consultative workshop for a health professional with extensive experience working with the trans and gender non-binary (TGNB) community which was organized by TransCare: MedEd team on 'Developing Competencies for Trans-Affirmative Health Care Provision' held on 23rd January, 2022.
To know more about the Project: https://sangath.in/transcare/
5. Dr Sanjay Sharma participated as a speaker in the National Webinar on Sexual and Reproductive Health held on 12th February 2022.
6. Team ATHI conducted the workshop on "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: FOSTERING GENDER FRIENDLY SPACES" for Kampai, Aerocity, Delhi on 28 February 2022.
Speakers: Dr. Sanjay Sharma & Mr. Varun Sharma
7. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) spoke at International Adolescent Health Week on Transitions in Adolescent Health held on 17 March 2022
9. Dr. Sanjay Sharma and Dr. Bela Sharma talked in the International Series on Holistic Health, Well Being & Sustainable Development on 31 March 2022.
10. Dr. Sanjay Sharma gave a talk in a seminar which was held at Lady Irwin College, organized by the Department of Human Development and Childhood Studies (HDCS) on "Sensitising teachers and teachers educators about challenges faced by transgender learners" on 8 April 2022.
14. Association for Transgender Health in India organized an " Introductory Workshop on Transgender Health for Healthcare Professionals" on 1 May 2022.
12. Dr. Sanjay Sharma and Aruna Desai participated in a panel discussion on 21 April 2022, on the topic, "Parental Acceptance" organised by Pride-Circle.
8. The official release of "The Taste of Tears" was published by Dr. Aqsa Shaikh on 17th March 2022. Register with the given link for our next releases soon of the Indian Subcontinent Series
11. Official release of the "Healing Through Tagore" by Dr. (Hon.) Amrita Sarkar on 8th April 2022. Register with the given link for our next release of the Indian Subcontinent Series
13. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) participated in panel discussion at AIIMS AQuSIS panel discussion on 15 April 2023
15. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) participated in the WPATH GEI Advanced Identity Evolution Workshop held on 6 May 2022
16. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) conducted LGBTQ Health and Rights Masterclass held on 18 May 2022 at The LaLit Hotel, New Delhi
17. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited as a guest speaker in a panel discussion on PRIDE CELEBRATIONS on 13 June 2022
18. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited as an advisor for 1 st Brainstorming meeting to identify key priority areas for research among transgenders in a panel discussion on PRIDE CELEBRATIONS on 15 July 2022
19. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited as a guest speaker (online) for the 2nd Edition: Certificate Course on "Law and Alternative Sexualities." at Marathwada Mitra Mandal's Shankarrao Chavan Law College, Pune on 05 August 2022.
20. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited as a guest speaker at Pediacon 2022 to speak on “ Development of Gender and Sexuality & Gender affirmative care of Children and Adolescents” on 25 September, 2022
21. Association for Transgender Health in India organized its 3rd International conference on Transgender Healthcare- IPATHCON 2022 in association with Jamia Hamdard University scheduled for 28th and 29th October 2022 at The Convention Centre, Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi. The theme of the conference is “Building foundations for the delivery of holistic Transgender Healthcare in the Indian Subcontinent”.
1. The Association for Transgender Health in India (ATHI) conducted a Webinar on the importance of developing a gender-friendly language. The webinar titled. "हमारी अभिलाषा सर्वानुकूल भाषा" was held on February 2021.
2. The XXIVth MANIPEDICON 2020, a conclave of pediatricians held at the IMA Conference Hall at Lamphel discussed 24 significant topics on child health, with a special focus on the Covid-19 pandemic on March 2021.
3. Dr. Sanjay Sharma joined the panel discussion organized by ABB on International Women’s Day on 8 March 2021, theme of this year is #ChooseToChallenge. The theme states ‘A challenged world is an alert world and from challenge comes change.”
4. Dr. Sanjay Sharma spoke on “Gender Affirming Surgical Interventions: An Overview” hosted by Volunteer for India in collaboration with RAAH initiative, Dept. Of Child Development, Maniben Nanavati Women's College to spread the awareness among Trans folks about the surgery, its pros and cons, and all the available facilities on 25 April 2021.
7. Interaction of WPATH core group with gender affirmative care teams from Indian sub-continent hosted by ATHI on 20th May 2021
5. Dr Sanjay Sharma and Dr. Bela Sharma gave an Interview for BBC Radio “Raising a Transgender child” held on 8 May 2021.
8. A meeting organised by IPATH under the aegis of WPATH in collaboration with Dept. of Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management Jamia Hamdard on "Addressing the felt needs of Transgender Healthcare Management in the Indian Subcontinent" was held on 29 May 2021
6. Dr. Sanjay Sharma spoke on Sexual Health and Companionship, a live event on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/tv/COsyPrxlyHU/) hosted by GLII (https://www.instagram.com/tv/COsyPrxlyHU/) which was held on 10 May 2021.
9. Dr. Sanjay Sharma and Dr. Bela Sharma spoke as a speaker in the Panel discussion on Parenting a Child who identifies as being in the LGBTQ spectrum organized by Inharmony/MSCI titled “Nurturing an LGBTQI+ Inclusive Environment” on 16 June 2021.
10. Dr. Sanjay Sharma was invited as a speaker on a Panel Discussion on LGBTQ parenting and anti-bullying awareness organized by the Citrix & Pride Circle on 18 June 2021.
11. Dr. Sanjay Sharma spoke on “Tan Ki Baat: Emerging Issues in Sexual and Reproductive Health of Transgender Persons” organized by SAATHII and The QKnit on July 18, 2021. The session covered issues pertaining to transmasculine and transfeminine persons.
12. ATHI, in collaboration with Querencia-LHMC and WHO Collaborating Centre for Adolescent Health-LHMC, and with support from WPATH hosted an Introductory session of the webinar series - “Demystifying Gender: Fostering Gender Friendly Healthcare” which was held on
24 July 2021.
13. ATHI the webinar on "Demystifying Gender: Fostering Gender Friendly Environment" in Sharda University held on 10th August 2021
14. ATHI organized its second webinar of the series Demystifying Gender: Fostering Gender Friendly Healthcare in collaboration with Querencia, LHMC-themed Gender Affirmative Care in Children and Adolescents held on 15 August 2021
15. ATHI organized its final webinar of the series Demystifying Gender: Fostering Gender Friendly Healthcare - 'Gender Affirmative Care in Adults' in collaboration with Querencia, LHMC Gender held on World Mental Health day 2021
16. ATHI participated in the "PRIDE, PARENTS & PREJUDICE" organized by NHRD Hyderabad held on 17 September 2021
17. ATHI organized its third webinar of the series Demystifying Gender: Fostering Gender Friendly Healthcare - 'Building a Nurturing Environment' in collaboration with Querencia, LHMC Gender held on 5 September 2021
18. ATHI participated in the "Transgender Healthcare Management: Delivering Gender Affirmative Holistic Care" organized by IIHMR, Delhi held on
19 October 2021
19. ATHI participated in the "Transgender Health: Towards Equity & Social Justice" organized by the Department of Physiology, UCMS held on 23 November 2021
1. "Prevention of New Infection: TI revamped strategies" conference for AIDSCON 9, held at Chandigarh on 18th of January 2020.
2. Dr Madhusudan G a Plastic Surgeon ran the TATA Mumbai Marathon on the 19th of January 2020 to spread awareness regarding Transgender Healthcare
3. WORKSHOP AT RUFAIDA COLLEGE OF NURSING JAMIA HAMDARD, NEW DELHI ON 23 & 24 JANUARY 2020: "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: FOSTERING GENDER FRIENDLY HEALTHCARE"
4. "KHANAK Celebrating Gender Equality" a cultural event organised by Gender Championship Cell of Sri Aurobindo College , University of Delhi on 10th February 2020
5. ATHI sharing perspective on parenting and LGBT kids on 22nd February 2020 at RISE, New Delhi
6. Workshop on "Basics of Medical Transition and other Gender Affirming Procedures" conducted by Dr Aqsa Shaikh MD and Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) on 23 Feb 2020 at SAATHII, New Delhi.
Mesmerising performance by Sanshlesh Singh
Panelist and Speakers
"Demystifying Transgender Healthcare"
Mesmerising performance by Sanshlesh Singh
7. Presentation by Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) on "Public Health Approach to Gender Incongruence" at the Technical Resource Group Meeting for Transgender People at National AIDS Control Organisation Head Quarters, New Delhi on the 15th of May 2020
9. Dr. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) spoke as a guest speaker on "TRANS IS" a webinar series organized by in.harmony, on 19th June, 2020
8. Dr. Bela Sharma spoke as a guest speaker on "TRANS IS?" a webinar series organized by in.harmony which revolves around the theme of a mother's role in the life of a trangender person, on 15th May, 2020
11. Gender Friendly Educational Institution Initiative first of its kind, online certification course curated by “Association for Transgender Health in India” in collaboration with “Sweekar – The Rainbow Parents” and “Inharmony: TransIs?” was launched on 5th September, 2020.
10. Gender Friendly Healthcare Facility Initiative first of its kind, online certification course by Association of Transgender Health in India and Jimmy Foundation under the aegis of Lilac Insights launch on 15th August, 2020.
12. IPATHCON is an annual multilateral conference organized by the Indian Professional Association of Transgender Healthcare (IPATH) the professional arm of ATHI. IPATHCON2020 was an International e-conference hosted LIVE on ATHI’s YouTube channel, held on 1st & 2rd NOVEMBER 2020.
13. Academy of Pediatrics, Nagpur presented a webinar on Legal and Social Aspects of Transgender Healthcare on November 27, 2020
14. Dr. Sanjay was invited for the Panel discussion on Transgender Health and HIV in India, which was organized by Amc Center, held on December 18, 2020
Workshop at ILO on "Creating Safe Spaces at the workplace" conducted by Ms Taksh
Gender Sensitisation workshop for faculty and students at IIAD Delhi
HIMSR DIALOGUE: TALK ON "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: ADDRESSING FELT NEED" FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS OF HIMSAR AT DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE HAMDARD INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH ON 23 AUGUST 2019
Workshop on "Holistic Approach to Gender Incongruence" for Scholars & Faculty at IHBAS Delhi.
PLASTIC SURGEONS' DAY CELEBRATION AT FORTIS HOSPITAL SHALIMAR BAGH ON 15 JULY 2019
GENDER SENSITIZATION WORKSHOP "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: ADDRESSING FELT NEED" FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY MEMBERS OF HIMSAR AT DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY MEDICINE HAMDARD INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES AND RESEARCH ON 28 AUGUST 2019
SEMINAR ON "FOSTERING GENDER FRIENDLY SPACES: INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY" FOR STUDENTS AND FACULTY OF SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT JAMIA HAMDARD ON 30 AUG 2019
WORKSHOP AT RUFAIDA COLLEGE OF NURSING JAMIA HAMDARD, NEW DELHI ON 23 SEPTEMBER 2019: "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: FOSTERING GENDER FRIENDLY HEALTHCARE"
PANEL DISCUSSION ON "APPROACH TO A CHILD WITH GENDER INCONGRUENCE" CONDUCTED AT "UP PEDIACON 2019" AT ALIGARH ORGANIZED BY THE INDIAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS ON 16th Nov 2019.
WORKSHOP FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS OF TAGORE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, VASANT KUNJ, NEW DELHI ON " DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: ENSURING NURTURING ENVIRONMENT" ON 31 AUG 2019.
IPATHCON is an annual multilateral conference organised by Indian Professional Association of Transgender Healthcare (IPATH) the professional arm of ATHI. IPATHCON2019 was held at Jamia Hamdard Convention Centre, New Delhi on 2nd & 3rd NOVEMBER 2019.
WORKSHOP FOR SCHOOL TEACHERS OF DEEPALAYA SCHOOL, GOVINDPURI, NEW DELHI 110019: " DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: ENSURING NURTURING ENVIRONMENT" ON 30 NOVEMBER 2019.