top of page
1. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a session on “GENDER SENSITIZATION OF NURSING STAFF” at RAJ KUMARI AMRIT KAUR COLLEGE OF NURSING NEW DELHI On 30 JANUARY 2023.
2. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a session on “Sexuality & Gender Education” at Rufaida College of Nursing, Jamia Hamdard On 21 February 2023.
3. Association for Transgender Health in India conducted a three day workshop on ”GENDER FRIENDLY HEALTHCARE FACILITY INITIATIVE" at AIIMS, New Delhi on 1-3 March, 2023. This workshop was conducted for
Day-1 (01 March 2023) Batch I Ground Staff
(Gate Keepers, Guards, Housekeeping & ancillary staff) Number of participants -52
Day-2 02 March 2023) Batch II Nursing staff, Paramedical, Non-Medical Staff, Administrative Staff
Number of participants -58
Day 3 (03 March 2023) Batch III Medical Staff
Number of participants -21
4. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited as chairperson at UNU-IIGH-Policy Dialogues-GGC for “Advocating for the healthcare needs of the Transgender Community: Learning from the experience of the Gender Guidance Clinics of Tamil Nadu” at Public Health Foundation of India, Bangalore.
5. Team ATHI participated in the C20 Integrated Holistic Health Summit at Amrita Hospital, Faridabad on 7-9 April 2023 and actively participated in the policy making dialogue on Mental Health issues.
6. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited for Rainbow Parent Panel Discussion that was held on 20 April 2023 at HDFC Life event.
7. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd.) was invited as panalist at First Contact- The LGBTQ Metaverse on 23 April 2023.
8. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) was invited to discuss the “SENSITISATION MODULE FOR HOLISTIC PSYCHOSOCIAL WELLBEING OF LGBTQIA+ COMMUNITY on 09th May 2023 (Tuesday) under the Chairmanship of Dr. Anil Kumar (Addl. DG, Dte. GHS) at Central Health Education Bureau, New Delhi.
1. ATHI participated in the two-day workshop on proposal development-cum-implementation plan to pilot Sampoorna Suraksha Strategy in the State of Telangana, Gujarat, and Punjab organized by NACO on 5th and 6th January, 2022.
4. Dr Sanjay Sharma participated as a speaker in the workshop to sensitize the youth on Gender titled " SS Advance Circle - Gender Sensitisation" organized by Spreading Smiles and The Stears team held on 23rd January 2022.
2. Dr Sanjay Sharma and team ATHI participated in the Panel talk with Sweekar Rainbow Parents organized by VMWare on 13 January, 2022.
3. ATHI participated in a consultative workshop for a health professional with extensive experience working with the trans and gender non-binary (TGNB) community which was organized by TransCare: MedEd team on 'Developing Competencies for Trans-Affirmative Health Care Provision' held on 23rd January, 2022.
To know more about the Project: https://sangath.in/transcare/
5. Dr Sanjay Sharma participated as a speaker in the National Webinar on Sexual and Reproductive Health held on 12th February 2022.
6. Team ATHI conducted the workshop on "DEMYSTIFYING GENDER: FOSTERING GENDER FRIENDLY SPACES" for Kampai, Aerocity, Delhi on 28 February 2022.
Speakers: Dr. Sanjay Sharma & Mr. Varun Sharma
7. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) spoke at International Adolescent Health Week on Transitions in Adolescent Health held on 17 March 2022
9. Dr. Sanjay Sharma and Dr. Bela Sharma talked in the International Series on Holistic Health, Well Being & Sustainable Development on 31 March 2022.
10. Dr. Sanjay Sharma gave a talk in a seminar which was held at Lady Irwin College, organized by the Department of Human Development and Childhood Studies (HDCS) on "Sensitising teachers and teachers educators about challenges faced by transgender learners" on 8 April 2022.
14. Association for Transgender Health in India organized an " Introductory Workshop on Transgender Health for Healthcare Professionals" on 1 May 2022.
12. Dr. Sanjay Sharma and Aruna Desai participated in a panel discussion on 21 April 2022, on the topic, "Parental Acceptance" organised by Pride-Circle.
8. The official release of "The Taste of Tears" was published by Dr. Aqsa Shaikh on 17th March 2022. Register with the given link for our next releases soon of the Indian Subcontinent Series
11. Official release of the "Healing Through Tagore" by Dr. (Hon.) Amrita Sarkar on 8th April 2022. Register with the given link for our next release of the Indian Subcontinent Series
13. Air Cmde (Dr) Sanjay Sharma (Retd) participated in panel discussion at AIIMS AQuSIS panel discussion on 15 April 2023
Introductory workshop on transgender health- Card